In this program you will:
- Interpret blueprints and spec-
ifications to construct products and structures from rough lumber to finish grade.
- Operate a range of hand, power and air tools, including drills, routers, circular saws, miter saws and table saws.
- Involved in residential and commercial off-site projects.
- Juniors complete OSHA 10 training.
- Seniors take part in building a Pickaway-Ross project house in Chillicothe.
Certifications: Career Connections (Ohio Carpenters Union); HILTI; National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER); and OSHA
College opportunities: Pickaway-Ross enjoys articulation agreements with Columbus State Community College and Hocking College.
Career paths: carpenter, foreman, job-site superintendent, safety coordinator, estimator, engineer, general contractor