The following scholarships are offered by OAACE - Ohio Association for Adult and Continuing Education (www.oaace.org):
Max Way Scholarship:
Lifelong Learning Scholarship:
- As identified by Max Way and per his request, the scholarship recipient must be a resident in one of the following counties: Athens, Gallia, Hocking, Jackson, Lawrence, Meigs, Pickaway, Pike, Ross, Scioto, Vinton, or Washington.
- Attended an ABLE program in one of the counties listed, within the last twelve months.
- Have a General Educational Development (GED) or high school diploma.
- Will enroll in post-secondary education or training within six months of receiving scholarship.
- Attach two letters of recommendation. One must be from the ABLE instructor, to the application.
- The Max Way scholarship is for a maximum of $1,000.
PRCTC awards Ross County ABLE/GED recipients a 10% tuition discount. You may also qualify for a PELL grant, an Appalachian grant through the Educational Opportunity Center, a Stafford loan or other sources. For more information, see Marie Barada or call her at 779-2035.
- Resident of Ohio.
- Have an Ohio General Education Development (GED) or high school diploma.
- Attended or currently enrolled in any adult education program within last twelve months.
- Will enroll in post secondary education or training within six months of receiving scholarship.
- Attach two letters of recommendation, one must be from an OAACE member, to the application.
- The LifeLong Learning Scholarship is for a maximum of $1,500.