A. Accountability Objective
The purpose of this position is to:
- Manage departmental tasks as specified;
- Maintain accurate inventory, grants, credit/purchasing cards, employee reimbursement, accounts payable, and account receivable records;
- Provide administrative support for the Treasurer's Office;
B. Nature of the Position: (This is a Confidential Employment Position)
The position responsibility requires the coordination and/or completion of fiscal and administrative duties pertaining to the various department operational processes. Work requires thorough knowledge and understanding of the State of Ohio Uniform School Accounting, budgetary, inventory, accounts receivable, payroll, GAAP Reporting, spreadsheets, and databases. Work requires the exercise of initiative and sound judgment in analyzing, prioritizing, documenting, and reporting fiscal management activities. Position requires accuracy and timely processing or filing of numerous accounting related documents and purchasing related transactions.
C. Authority - Responsibility
The Financial Operations Analyst will report directly to the District Treasurer. Important and complicated assignments are verified by the Treasurer for accuracy.
D. Principal Duties (Essential)
- Responsible for maintaining complete inventory systems in accordance with GAAP standards; performs ongoing computerized inventory updates; collects data to perform computer entry of additions, transfers and dispositions; prepares GAAP required reports.
- Responsible for maintaining and distributing credit/purchasing cards in accordance with Ohio Revised Code and Board of Education Policy; reviews and verifies accuracy; reconciles purchases on a daily/monthly basis; resolves any discrepancies; prepares vouchers and makes computer entries for printing warrants; distributes/files all supporting documents;
- Responsible for employee reimbursement in accordance with Ohio Revised Code and Board of Education Policy.
- Responsible for maintaining the vendor file; determines appropriate vendor reporting status; prepares 1099 and any other required items for IRS compliance and calendar year-end reporting
- Responsible for the reporting and preparations of all grant expenditures, receipts, and final reports.
- Assists with maintaining alpha-numeric purchase order files; communicates with vendors and staff members regarding order clarifications; price changes; tax-exempt status; statement reconciliations; periodically reviews outstanding purchase order reports; prepares GAAP required reports.
- Assists with matching invoices to purchase orders and receiving reports; reviews and verifies accuracy; resolves any discrepancies; prepares vouchers and makes computer entries for printing warrants; distributes/files all supporting documents; prepares GAAP required reports; assists in budgetary check processing as directed by the Treasurer.
- Assists with the direction and coordination of all accounts payable in the Treasurer's Office.
- Assists in the receipt, deposit, safekeeping, investment, encumbrance, and disbursement of all school district funds.
- Assists in the direction, management and coordination of accounts receivables for all governmental funds including student activity reporting and cash advances.
- Responsible for maintaining job descriptions for the district.
- Assists with the processing of payroll as needed; reporting of local, state, and federal withholding, and other payroll deduction reporting as required.
- Assists with employee contract preparation and changes
- Responsible for maintaining and coordinating the records retention program for the district;
- Responsible for maintaining and coordinating the records scanning program
- Works closely and cooperatively with auditors and supports school operations as directed by the Treasurer, performing as a member of the district team providing those duties and services needed for the common cause.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Eligible to be bonded for the faithful performance of duties in an amount established by the Board of Education.
Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; or equivalent background in accounting, inventory accountability, and computer principles and practices.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and other software (able to provide written evidence of computer literacy ie: certificates or course work)
Training and experience should provide the following demonstrated knowledge, abilities, and skills as follows:
- Ability to make and verify arithmetical computations with accuracy and speed.
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete filing systems.
- Working knowledge of modern offices practices, procedures and equipment
- Detail-oriented with organizational and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to organize and perform daily tasks efficiently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to establish/maintain effective working relationships; commitment to loyalty and compatibility.
- Dedication of performance at a high rate of accuracy and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills