I would like to welcome you back for the start of the 2014-2015 school year.
I hope you have had a relaxing summer and will be returning full of energy and enthusiasm for what is sure to be an exciting year at Pickaway-Ross. This time marks the beginning of a journey that will give you the opportunity to learn new things, meet new people and engage in experiences to prepare you for college and career readiness. I am excited to begin this new school year and look forward to working with the students, staff and parents to make this year a great educational experience.
Everyone at Pickaway-Ross has been working hard this summer to prepare for your arrival. The building has been cleaned and new educational areas have been established to meet the needs of all students. Teachers and administrators have used the summer to attend conferences and classes to gain knowledge and stay up to date on academic and technical advancements that will affect your future.
By following your passion at Pickaway-Ross, you are giving yourself a leg up in your field and have the opportunity to not only earn your high school diploma, but also receive college credit and industry credentials.
We’re preparing for a fun and exciting 2014-15 school year. Activities planned include:
- Aug. 4-8: Visit the Pickaway-Ross CTC Building at the Ross County Fair. (See fair schedule for daily activities and contests.) Pick up your class schedule!!
- Aug. 18: Junior Orientation (5 to 7 p.m.) - Visit your teachers, classrooms and labs and pick up your uniform shirts and class schedule.
- Aug. 19: First day for juniors; free pizza for lunch.
- Aug. 20: First day for seniors
- Sept. 12: 7th annual Battle of the Bands & 9/11 Memorial Program and Student Tailgate Party & Car Show
- Sept. 20: Community Appreciation Day and Craft Show – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
As principal, my door is always open and I welcome your input. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to see me or any staff member. The staff at Pickaway-Ross truly cares about your future.
On behalf of the staff at Pickaway-Ross, we are glad you have chosen us. Our programs feature the highest quality technology, equipment and curriculum and are taught by experienced instructors. I look forward to a rewarding and productive year.